Is it PEE-CAN or PA-KAWN?

The holidays are always a time to share love, good memories and good food! The smell of pecans cooking is something that everyone should experience. I remember my Mom toasting nuts in butter for pies, dips, dressing and main dishes. I can smell them now just thinking about it.

Today, I just learned a helpful tip to prevent odors when cooking Collards, Turnips and Mustard (I actually like the scent but many complain). Place a pecan in the pot to absorb the odor and then discard the nut before serving. I was so excited to hear this little tip that I had to share it.

I hope your Thanksgiving will be full of whatever you need! I'm thankful for you being in my life and supporting my efforts to blog about things that I'm passionate about all year long. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment