Local Barbecue... good for the soul!

5650 US 15-501 N., Pittsboro, NC 27312
Last night at 7:55 p.m. I passed by Allen and Son BBQ in Pittsboro, NC. I was beyond tired and headed back to work for another 4 hours. I was exhausted and hungry and had been showing homes in the hot, sticky and crazy rainy day. I decided to call and see if they were still open when I got down the road a few miles. I was greeted with a warm welcome over the phone. The young man stated that they close at 8:00 p.m. I told him thank you and that I would come by another time because I had heard the food was delicious. He politely asked how far away I was and I told him. He suggested that I turn around and take a meal to go. He passed the phone off to a young lady that told me what was left and I placed a order of pulled pork bbq and coleslaw. I arrived at 8:07 and my dinner was waiting on me. I was horrified when I handed them my debt card and they told me they didn't accept cards. I of course didn't have cash or a checkbook. They said this happens often so make a note TAKE CASH. The young man was very kind and said well enjoy your meal and come see us again. What? Are you kidding me? I stood there just staring at them for a minute. I asked for the address and typed in the amount owed in my phone. I mailed them a check with a nice card and a tip.*)

I was so touched by the welcome I received. This was a great reminder of how a stranger can impact your day. They were so generous to wait on me to arrive, prepare a wonderful meal and greet me with kindness even after I didn't have the money to pay them. 

My meal was delicious and I ate it in my car. The portion was enough for 3 meals and I left with a full tummy and the hospitality warmed my soul. I wish I knew the name of the folks that waited on me to say Thank You! I also want to say Thank You to the owners. I will be back and suggest you visit them as well! 

Yum! Dinner in my car.
The Check is in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment