Life is an Adventure...Paddles Up!












I love to try new things and visit new places and this past weekend I was able to do both. Have you ever tried Dragon Boating or visited  Lake Wheeler? I really enjoyed the challenge or Dragon Boating. We were surrounded by a team of seasoned paddlers that encouraged us to learn the rules, lingo, safety, correct form and the importance of timing. I loved that the team varied in age, size, culture and levels of experience. It felt like a true melting pot of harmony on the water. My only complaint was that the Dragon's head is not placed on the boat during practice.

The lake was a wonderful surprise and just minutes away from Downtown Raleigh and about 45 minutes from the heart of Durham. We also stopped by Yates Mill Park for a quick visit. Do yourself a favor and plan a visit to these areas soon.

Life is an Adventure and I’m grateful to spend it with people I care about. Choose one or all of these areas to visit and make some new memories.

~Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment